Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ashley starts 8th Grade - Fashion Show

Well the anticipated 8th grade start date has finally occurred. I can honestly say that all the "Back to School" shopping has worn me out! All the school supply shopping, clothes and shoe shopping has worn down my nerves AND my pocketbook! I finally was able to talk her into wearing something OTHER than vans on her feet. We went an got about 4 pairs of nice sandals, and I think she was surprised on how better they look with shorts and jeans than VANS :( She spent some of her birthday money on $108.00 Miss Me Jeans! I mean don't get me wrong, I totally understand the need for $100 jeans, just not on a 13 year old, but that's what she wanted sooooo...

Miss Me Jeans


She has even purchased a skirt! Yes I said it, a skirt! I never thought I would see the day, but it has come. I have been trying to talk her into wearing a jean skirt for years. She still refuses to wear a jean skirt. I don't get it. She says that no self respecting 8th grader would wear a jean skirt? Are jean skirts dated? We got the below outfit at Hollister. They were actually on sale, plus we had a 20% off coupon. They were having a 1/2 off jean sale too, so we got a pair of bootcut jeans for her there too.

Finally, we dyed her hair BLONDE!!! Her hair was long and blonde before. We cut it. We dyed it dark brown. Now she is growing her hair out again and wants it blonde again. Thanks to her aunt Kristen, we were advised to get a WELLA dye at Sally's 10N, with a 30 developer. I was a little nervous doing it, but it turned out nice. It is more her natural color, except now that it is a "All over" color as opposed to her natural blonde streaks.


Well that's about it for today! Stay tuned for Austin starting College post, and My new apartment posts coming soon! If any of my family members decide to create a family blog, like I wish they would. Let me know and I will add a link to mine!


~MISTY RENE